Monday, July 22, 2013

Swedish film ensemble Matti Bye in 8x10 tintype

Matti Bye ensemble 8x10 tintype shot at PhotoboothSF

from the 1926 film The Golden Clown

In the middle of my 7-day work week (I guess technically every day falls in the middle) I got to shoot a tintype of the Swedish ensemble Matti Bye using the 8x10" camera at Photobooth. Though it might have been hard work being a model in a group of 4 especially doing tintypes, I had fun working with them, and had not yet heard their music. The next day I got to see them perform their live score to the 1926 Danish silent film The Golden Clown at the Castro theater and was blown away. Between the film itself and live music, it was one of the most beautiful performances I've ever witnessed - I know for sure I was not the only weepy one in the theater that night!

No comments: